- Title: Cardiff prepares for Champions League final with security high on agenda
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: CARDBOARD-CUTOUT OF REAL MADRID AND WALES MIDFIELDER, GARETH BALE / WOMAN DANCING ALONG TO MUSIC MAN PLAYING SAXOPHONE / WOMAN HOLDING BALE CARDBOARD CUTOUT
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 16:28
- Keywords: CARDIFF REAL MADRID V JUVENTUS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
- Location: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- City: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JL31OF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Central Cardiff is the place to be on Friday (June 2) if you're a Juventus or Real Madrid fan.
The city will host the Champions League final on Saturday (June 3) and Cardiff is preparing to welcome up to 170,000 extra people over the weekend.
Real Madrid arrived at their hotel just 10 minutes from the National Stadium of Wales with armed police on patrol. There are nearly 600 armed officers in the Welsh capital for the match with a further 6,000 unarmed police being deployed.
Juventus, who are looking to dethrone the reigning champions and win their first Champions League title for 20 years, are staying at a hotel outside of the city.
On Saturday, the match kicks off at 1845 GMT.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.