- Title: Japan's Nikkei rises above 20,000 to hit nearly 2-year high on upbeat U.S. data
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (JUNE 2, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE (TSE) SIGN READING (English): "JPX TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE" TSE MARKET CENTER VARIOUS OF TSE STAFF WORKING ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD BEING UPDATED ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD SHOWING NIKKEI AVERAGE AT 20094.93 UP 234.90 YEN STOCK PRICE BEING UPDATED VARIOUS OF ELECTRONIC STOCK PRICE TICKER
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 04:23
- Keywords: Nikkei average above 20 Tokyo Japan Tokyo Stock Exchange stock markets 000 economic data share average Nikkei
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JL43LX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Japan's Nikkei share average rose above the psychologically important 20,000-point level to its highest value since August 2015 on Friday (June 2) as strong U.S. stocks and the rising dollar lifted investors' risk appetite.
The Nikkei swept through 20,000 in early morning trade making a 1.3 percent advance to 20,115.23.
The broader Topix advanced 1.1 percent to 1,603.08 and the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 gained 1.1 percent to 14,303.65.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None