- Title: Ramos, Marcelo look ahead to Champions League final
- Date: 2nd June 2017
- Summary: CARDIFF, WALES, UK (JUNE 2, 2017) (REUTERS) REAL MADRID MANAGER ZINEDINE ZIDANE WALKS INTO NEWS CONFERENCE WITH PLAYERS MARCELO AND SERGIO RAMOS SOUNDBITE (Spanish) REAL MADRID CAPTAIN SERGIO RAMOS SAYING: "This is a very important game and we are up against a great rival. It is a great opportunity for us to go out there and show that we are a great team. We've been very solid and very regular all season, we've been really good. And every time we have a chance to go out and fight for a trophy we feel very motivated. This is a great stadium and the best players in the world can go out there on the pitch and show their very best. We are going to go out very focussed so we make as a few mistakes as possible." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS SOUNDBITE (Spanish) REAL MADRID CAPTAIN SERGIO RAMOS SAYING "Well I think that in every final both teams go out there from scratch, from zero and I don't think the fact we have won La Liga will benefit us in the slightest. On the contrary, we've enjoyed that La Liga title after a very good season after playing in the league, so of course you feel even more satisfied, delighted because you have achieved your goal. In that regard the team feels really good because of the work, dedication and sacrifice that we have invested over the whole season to win La Liga. Tomorrow is going to be a tough game. We know Juventus really well and we both have a 50-50 chance of winning or losing." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS SOUNDBITE (Spanish) REAL MADRID PLAYER MARCELO SAYING ON MANAGER ZINEDINE ZIDANE: "He arrived very quietly he didn't make much fuss and it was a time when Madrid needed to win practically everything. And as Sergio says there are the figures and the statistics. He knows what we already think of him. We could be talking about him and how fabulous he is all day long. But he knows that. But he knows all that." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS SOUNDBITE (Spanish) REAL MADRID CAPTAIN SERGIO RAMOS SAYING ON WHY RIVALS ALWAYS THINK REAL MADRID ARE FAVOURITES: "Well I don't know if there is anything different. But is true that in its long history we are a team that has played more in this competition than anyone and I don't know if that is a concern for the teams that come up against us. We don't live on the past though or what the club has done. We will continue to do everything on the pitch. In a football match anything can happen. You can go back home feeling very proud that you have done everything that was possible. I think that is what we need to do, it is what is required by our team, this club, by our fans, you need to know that you have given everything on the field. A final, we go out there with a certain spirit, with different emotions. For us it is an opportunity that this wonderful sport is offering you, to take another trophy home. And then history will speak for itself." NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 16th June 2017 19:50
- Keywords: Champions League Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid
- Location: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- City: CARDIFF, WALES, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JL69TR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos was taking nothing for granted on Friday ahead of the Champions League final against Juventus.
Speaking at a news conference in Cardiff, Ramos said he saw the game against the Italian giants as a 50-50 affair.
He added that the chance to become the first team to retain the Champions League title was a fantastic opportunity for Real Madrid, who have already won La Liga this season.
Meanwhile Marcelo was full of praise for coach Zinedine Zidane, saying his record was impressive since he took over at Real last season.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None