- Title: Real Madrid fans celebrate Champions League title at Cibeles fountain
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID SUPPORTER, JOSE LOPEZ, SAYING: "The second half was the best, the first half was a bit difficult but the second half ... Casemiro great goal, then Cristiano and Asensio, boom." (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID SUPPORTER, RAFAEL MARTIN, SAYING: "It was brutal. I live in Alicante and came to visit Madrid. I coincided with the Champions League final and it was an amazing experience." (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID SUPPORTER, MIGUEL, SAYING: "(MIGUEL CHANTING WITH HIS FRIENDS) Not everyone has 12 cups and even less so with a 4 - nil score." (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID SUPPORTERS, RUBEN AND RUBEN, SAYING: "(RUBEN WEARING VIKING HAT): Total satisfaction, incredible to have to consecutive European cups. (RUBEN WEARING GLASSES): It's incredible. (RUBEN WEARING VIKING HAT): It's the second consecutive cup." (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) REAL MADRID SUPPORTERS, MONICA, SAYING: "The best in the world, we are the best." CHILDREN AT CIBELES FANS NEAR CIBELES FOUNTAIN WITH MADRID CITY HALL IN THE BACKGROUND VARIOUS OF FLAGS BEING WAVED FANS GATHERED AROUND CIBELES
- Embargoed: 17th June 2017 23:57
- Keywords: fans Champions League soccer Spain celebrations Bernabeu Cibeles Madrid Real Madrid
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036JQ4AIN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Euphoric Real Madrid supporters headed to Cibeles fountain in the Spanish capital to celebrate the club's 12th Champions League cup after Los Blancos annihilated Juventus 4-1 in a superb final full of attacking verve and brilliant goals on Saturday (June 3).
The Spaniards have won the title for the third time in four years and Cristiano Ronaldo once again proved he was the team's star, scoring the first and third goals to become only the second man to score in three European Cup finals and take his career goal tally to 600.
The area around Cibeles fountain, located in front of Madrid's city hall, is Real's traditional celebration spot. The team will celebrate there on Sunday (June 4) evening and the statue of of Cibeles will sport a Real scarf as players and fans savour the victory.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None