- Title: UK police rush to three attacks in central london, at least one dead
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (JUNE 3, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE VEHICLES PARKED AT MONUMENT STATION NORTH END OF LONDON BRIDGE, AND POLICE OFFICER EXITING CAR MONUMENT STATION ENTRANCE, POLICE STANDING ARMED POLICE OFFICER WALKING VARIOUS OF POLICE VEHICLES PARKED, POLICE OFFICERS STANDING AMBULANCES DRIVING PAST
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 00:55
- Keywords: Borough Monument London Bridge security London
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JQ52YV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British armed police rushed to two incidents in central London on Saturday (June 3) after a van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge and reports of multiple stabbings in the nearby Borough Market area.
Police sent out security advice to Londoners on Twitter saying "run, hide, tell" if they were caught in an attack. The BBC cited police as saying there had been more than one fatality.
The attacks come days ahead of a June 8 election and less than two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks.
Police said they fired shots after reports of stabbings in the nearby Borough Market area. A stabbing incident in nearby Vauxhall was unrelated, police said later.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None