- Title: Show of support for Trump outside White House
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES (JUNE 3, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE **** SUPPORTERS OF U.S PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP CHANT "CUT OUR TAXES" AND CALL FOR "JOBS JOBS JOBS" IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE TRUMP SUPPORTER HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP (NOW LETS GET CRACKIN ON THAT WALL)" TRUMP SUPPORTER HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "PROMISES MADE PROMISES KEPT" (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTER, SAYING: "You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself." (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP SUPPPORTER SAYING: "Hillary is a killer" SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTER, SAYING: "The President is a liar." Pan up from sign that says PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT TO WOMAN HOLDING TEDDY BEAR SAYING "HE'S A TRUMP SUPPORTER." TRUMP SUPPORTERS GATHERED OUTSIDE OF GATES OF WHITE HOUSE (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP supporter SAYING: "You never know when the breakthrough is going to happen. You just got to keep pursing it until you get the break through." SIGN SAYING "CONSERVE THE EARTH NOT BOONDOGGLES!" PAN FROM MAN HOLDING AMERICA FIRST SIGN TO COUPLE WITH MAN HOLDING SIGN SAYING "AS PRESIDENT I HAVE ONE OBLIGATION & THAT IS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE." MAN HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "CNN IS ISIS" MAN STANDING IN FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN TRUMP SUPPORTERS WEARING RED, WHITE AND BLUE CHATTING WITH EACH OTHER PAN DOWN FROM MAN HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "GOOD LUCK PRESIDENT TRUMP THE MOVEMENT WILL GO ON IN PENNSYLVANIA" PEOPLE CHANTING AND HOLDING PRO-TRUMP SIGNS IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP SUPPORTER HOLDING SIGN SAYING "PROMISES MADE PROMISES KEPT" SAYING: "We don't want the propaganda corporations running things. The people are running things now, got it." MAN ADJUSTING HAT ON PANDA (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP SUPPORTER HOLDING PANDA SAYING: "I salute Trump. He's a Trump supporter. He loves Trump" WOMAN HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "I RESPECT YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE NO MATTER WHAT YOUR VIEWS. GOD BLESS YOU. GOD BLESS AMERICA" STANDING WITH MAN AND TALKING TO TRUMP SUPPORTER (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP SUPPORTER, SAYING: "We can't buy friends at the cost of our treasure. We can't send all our jobs overseas -- with abandon like we are doing now." (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) man wearing tee shirt that says "demand evidence and think critically," SAYING: "We also have to look at what we take from overseas, we've taken our fair share." MAN WALKING THROUGH CROWD SCREAMING PERSON HOLDING SIGN THAT SAYS "PITTSBURGH NOT PARIS." MAN IN RED WHITE AND BLUE COWBOY HAT WITH TRUMP SCARF WALKING IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE GROUP OF TRUMP SUPPORTERS TALKING TO ANTI TRUMP DEMONSTRATORS (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) UNIDENTIFIED TRUMP SUPPORTER, SAYING: "Make America great. Make it white" TRUMP SUPPORTERS POSING IN FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE WITH TRUMP SIGN
- Embargoed: 17th June 2017 17:25
- Keywords: supporters White House Trump
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JQ4EH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: -- STORY CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE--
There was a show of support for President Donald Trump Saturday (June 3) in front of the White House with anti-Trump rallies planned elsewhere in Washington, D.C., and other parts of the country.
On Thursday Trump said he would withdraw the United States from the landmark 2015 global agreement to fight climate change, drawing anger and condemnation from world leaders and heads of industry.
Trump, tapping into the "America First" message he used when he was elected president last year, said the Paris accord would undermine the U.S. economy, cost U.S. jobs, weaken American national sovereignty and put the country at a permanent disadvantage to the other countries of the world.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None