- Title: Philippine police shows CCTV of gunman attacking casino resort
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MONITOR SHOWING STILL IMAGE OF GUNMAN
- Embargoed: 17th June 2017 14:43
- Keywords: Oscar Albayalde terrorism crime hotel Resorts World casino fire gunman police
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JQ42MD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Philippine authorities on Saturday (June 3) showed CCTV footage of the gunman who attacked and set fire to a casino resort in the Philippine capital.
Police showed the footage to journalists which depicted a man in black clothing entering the hotel and ensuing panic with the guests, torching gaming tables, forcing his way inside a storage room to ransack boxes containing casino chips and assaulting security forces.
Philippine National Police National Capital Region chief Oscar Albayalde said investigation was ongoing, but downplayed that the crime was an act of terrorism based on the footage they received. He also mentioned the gunman was speaking in a local language when he was speaking to a taxi driver before entering the hotel.
At least 36 people were killed on Friday (June 2) after the gunman burst into the casino of Resorts World Manila. The gunman had later committed suicide by lighting himself on fire.
Early on Saturday, hotel employees lit candles and prayed in front of the hotel entrance where a memorial was erected for the victims of the assault.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.