- Title: Juventus arrive home after defeat in Champions League final
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) JUVENTUS SUPPORTER, SARA CORBELLA, SAYING: "I'm proud of these guys. In the end you need to be able to get there, you need to get there, play the game and they did just that so we're proud and that's it." (JOURNALIST ASKING QUESTION OFF CAMERA) "The second half, they were absent. But that's okay. We got to the top and they've brought home two titles. Next year." (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) JUVENTUS SUPPORTER, DANIELE VALENTINETTI, SAYING: "Honour, honour all the same, despite the defeat. They've made it to the final two times in three years and that's an honour, we can't complain." POLICE OUTSIDE TEAM BUS POLICE / MIDFIELDER CLAUDIO MARCHISIO WAVING AS HE EXITS AIRPORT AND BOARDS BUS SECURITY OUTSIDE TERMINAL BUILDING DEFENDER LEONARDO BONUCCI AND OTHER PLAYERS WAVING AS THEY EXIT AIRPORT BUILDING VARIOUS OF MIDFIELDER JUAN CUADRADO BOARDING BUS SECURITY OUTSIDE TERMINAL JUVENTUS PRESIDENT ANDREA AGNELLI EXITING AIRPORT BUILDING JUVENTUS VICE PRESIDENT PAVEL NEDVED EXITING AIRPORT BUILDING GOALKEEPER GIANLUIGI BUFFON EXITING AIRPORT BUILDING AND WAVING AT FANS BEFORE BOARDING BUS BUS OUTSIDE AIRPORT TERMINAL BUS DOORS CLOSING FANS APPLAUDING AND SCREAMING AS BUS LEAVES FANS SINGING
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 15:20
- Keywords: fans airport return Turin Real Madrid Champions League Juventus
- Location: TURIN, ITALY
- City: TURIN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JV31A7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: They may have suffered a defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League final but Juventus were given a heroes' welcome by fans as they touched down in Turin on Sunday (June 4).
Loyal Juventus fans gathered at the Turin airport, singing club songs, waving flags and cheering as they waited for the team to return from Cardiff on Sunday afternoon.
The fans pledged their support and said the team had done them proud despite the final outcome.
They were rewarded with a few waves from players who quickly made their way to a bus that awaited outside the airport terminal.
Juventus's 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid was dubbed a "galactic disappointment" by Italian media but should prove to be more of a reality check than the end of an era for the Turin club.
A seventh loss in nine finals in Europe's leading club tournament leaves the Turin side, who recently claimed their sixth straight Serie A title, looking for ways to turn their domestic dominance into glory on the continent.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None