- Title: Venezuelan violinist leads young musicians in anti-Maduro protest concert
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: CARACAS, VENEZUELA (JUNE 04, 2017) (REUTERS) VENEZUELAN VIOLINIST, WUILLY ARTEAGA (CENTRE STAGE), PLAYING VIOLIN ACCOMPANIED BY OTHER YOUNG MUSICIANS CLOSE-UP OF ARTEAGA PLAYING VIOLIN MORE ARTEAGA AND OTHER MUSICIANS DURING ANTI-MADURO STREET PERFORMANCE MORE ARTEAGA PLAYING VIOLIN SINGER ACCOMPANYING MUSIC VARIOUS MORE OF SINGERS AND MUSICIANS PERFORMING
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 20:48
- Keywords: Nicolas Maduro concert protest Wuilly Arteaga violinist violin Venezuela
- Location: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- City: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- Country: Venezuela
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JV5BGN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Venezuelan violinist Wuilly Arteaga, known for playing his violin amongst the chaos of the near-daily street protests in Venezuela, held a street concert in Caracas on Sunday (June 4) with a group of other young musicians.
The 23-year-old violinist went viral on social media leading up to and after a video of him surfaced holding a broken violin in tears.
Arteaga said he was playing during a protest when a National Guard soldier on a motorcycle grabbed the instrument by the strings, breaking it.
Followers soon created a movement to get Arteaga a new violin with promises of donations pouring in.
The musician asked his supporters to come to his Street Concert for Life and to bring the donations they had promised him so he could collect them and give them to other musicians who have lost their instruments or who cannot otherwise afford to buy them.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.