- Title: Paris welcomes second Drone festival under security scrutiny
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 4, 2017) (REUTERS) CHAMPS ELYSEES WITH ONLY PEDESTRIANS AND ONGOING DRONE FESTIVAL BIG SCREEN SHOWING LIVE ACTION OF DRONE FESTIVAL PEOPLE WALKING BY DRONE OBSTACLE COURSE MAN WEARING A HAT READING (English): "Paris Drone Festival" VARIOUS OF DRONE FLYING THROUGH OBSTACLE COURSE DRONE STUCK IN SECURITY NET MAN TAKING PICTURE FOUR PILOTS POSING WITH THEIR DRONES VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS SCREENING AT ENTRANCE OF FESTIVAL (SOUNDBITE) (French) TOURIST FROM BELGIUM, CLARISSE, SAYING: "They screened us everywhere, even near the Eiffel Tower, and no we feel safe, there are no issues. No matter what even if there is security or not, when they (the attackers) want to do something they will do it. So, there are no issues." SECURITY SEARCHING PEOPLE POLICE OFFICERS MONITORING THE CHAMPS ELYSEES PEOPLE WALKING WITH POLICE VANS IN THE BACKGROUND (SOUNDBITE) (French) 24-YEAR-OLD, OLEG, SAYING: "I think that compared to all the speeches, but also concerning the actions ... after the terror attacks... the idea was to keep on living and so I think it is the best thing to do, because otherwise we do nothing, we don't go out. It's a bit my vision on the subject, that how I am, but always keeping in mind that we have to stay vigilant." PEOPLE AT DRONE FESTIVAL SECURITY SECURITY VANS AT CHAMPS ELYSEES WITH ARC DE TRIOMPHE IN BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 16:14
- Keywords: drones London attack attack security France Paris Paris Drone Festival
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Society/Social Issues,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JV4I87
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: For the second year in a row, the French capital welcomed on Sunday (June 4) the Paris Drone Festival, with 42 international pilots taking part in the event.
A 1.2 km stretch of the famous Champs-Elysees was closed its circulation and set aside for drone races.
Organisers said some 200,000 visitors attended the event, where security was increased following the attack on the London Bridge area in which 7 people were killed on Saturday.
Spectator Christelle says she still feels safe as there are security checks around the perimeter. Oleg, 24, says people need to keep doing what they are doing, "while keeping in mind that you have to stay vigilant".
Four French nationals were among those injured in the London attack, French officials said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None