- Title: New Zealand, Russia express condolences for London attack victims
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: SINGAPORE (JUNE 4, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ARMED SECURITY PERSONNEL OUTSIDE SHANGRI-LA HOTEL WHERE SECURITY FORUM IS TAKING PLACE FLAGS
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 07:23
- Keywords: condolences defence minister New Zealand Russia London bridge attack
- Location: SINGAPORE
- City: SINGAPORE
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JV36TJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:New Zealand and Russian defence ministers on Sunday (June 4) expressed their condolences to the victims of an attack in London the night before, at a security forum in Singapore.
Militants drove a van at high speed into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing Saturday (June 3) night revellers on the street and in nearby bars, killing at least six people and wounding more than 30.
Armed police rushed to the scene and shot dead the three male attackers in the Borough Market area near the bridge as authorities urged Londoners on Twitter to "run, hide, tell" if they were caught up in the violence.
The attacks come days ahead of a June 8 election and less than two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None