- Title: People escorted by police across London Bridge after attack
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 4, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE BEING ESCORTED BY POLICE ACROSS LONDON BRIDGE WITH TOWER BRIDGE VISIBLE IN THE BACKGROUND WIDE SHOWING TOWER BRIDGE, LONDON BRIDGE, THE RIVER THAMES AND THE SHARD MORE OF PEOPLE BEING ESCORTED BY POLICE ACROSS LONDON BRIDGE POLICEMAN AT POLICE CORDON CLOSE OF POLICE TAPE POLICEMAN GROUP OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING POLICE VAN PARKED BEHIND POLICE TAPE VARIOUS OF POLICE BY PARKED POLICE VEHICLES
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 04:54
- Keywords: attack police London Bridge
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JV2N2F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:People were escorted by police across London Bridge after militants drove a van at high speed into pedestrians and then stabbed Saturday night revellers on the street and in nearby bars, killing at least six people and wounding more than 30.
Armed police rushed to the scene and shot dead the three male attackers in the Borough Market area near the bridge, as authorities urged Londoners on Twitter to "run, hide, tell" if they were caught up in the violence.
The attacks come days ahead of a June 8 election and less than two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None