- Title: French government and citizens condemn London attack
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (RECENT - MAY 18, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) FRENCH AND EUROPEAN FLAG EXTERIOR OF FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL PALACE VARIOUS OF DEFENSE ROUNDTABLE MEETING BETWEEN FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON, FRENCH MINISTERS, AND ARMY OFFICIALS
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 09:50
- Keywords: injured stabbing Edouard Philippe Paris victims United Kingdom London attack London Bridge Emmanuel Macron London France
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JV3HVR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Four French nationals were wounded, one seriously, during the attack that occurred in the centre of London on Saturday night (June 3) announced the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jean-Yves Le Drian, on Sunday.
French president Emmanuel Macron said on Twitter that "France is standing more than ever side by side with the UK", while French Prime Minister Philippe Edouard said his "determination to fight with them (UK) against terrorism."
12-year-old Vivien tells Reuters TV he struggled to understand what happened last night and why "innocents" had to die. His father, Emmanuel Pigoil, tried to reassure his son by saying "we have to keep on living".
Late on Saturday night, militants drove a van at high speed into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing revellers on the street and in nearby bars, killing at least six people and wounding more than 30.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None