- Title: California governor vows to stick to Paris climate deal with China
- Date: 5th June 2017
- Summary: NANJING CITY, JIANGSU PROVINCE, CHINA (JUNE 5, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN WALKING ONTO STAGE
- Embargoed: 19th June 2017 08:53
- Keywords: International Summit of New Environmental Protection Technology California Governor Jerry Brown Paris climate accord
- Location: NANJING CITY, JIANGSU PROVINCE, CHINA
- City: NANJING CITY, JIANGSU PROVINCE, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Environment,Climate Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016K03J9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:California Governor Jerry Brown vowed on Monday (June 5) that his state will work with China and abide by the Paris climate accord, at the International Summit of New Environmental Protection Technology 2017 in eastern Jiangsu province.
After the summit, Brown met with Provincial Party Secretary Li Qiang, to sign a clean technology agreement.
Brown vigourously opposed the United States' withdrawal from the pact and called U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to pull out of the Paris agreement as "insane." He also said that he would discuss merging carbon trading markets in his state with China during his Asia trip.
Brown will meet regional and national officials over the course of his week-long trip to China and will host a clean energy forum in Beijing.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.