- Title: Spanish politicians hold minute of silence for London attack victims
- Date: 5th June 2017
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (JUNE 5, 2017) (REUTERS) SPANISH PRIME MINISTER MARIANO RAJOY AND PEOPLE'S PARTY EXECUTIVE MEMBERS STANDING OUTSIDE PP HEADQUARTERS DURING MINUTE OF SILENCE RAJOY RAJOY AND PP EXECUTIVE MEMBERS RAJOY WITH MADRID REGIONAL PRESIDENT CRISTINA CIFUENTES (TO HIS RIGHT) AND PP COORDINATOR FERNANDO MARTINEZ-MAILLO LOGO OF PP ON EXTERIOR OF PP HEADQUARTERS, MINUTE OF SILENCE IN PROGRESS MINUTE OF SILENCE COMING TO AN END EXTERIOR PARLIAMENT SPANISH FLAG AT HALF-MAST PARLIAMENT EXTERIOR VARIOUS OF POLICE WOMAN HOLDING WEAPON VARIOUS OF MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT OUTSIDE BUILDING HOLDING MINUTE OF SILENCE MPs CLAPPING FOLLOWING MINUTE OF SILENCE MOUNTED POLICE
- Embargoed: 19th June 2017 12:00
- Keywords: silence parliament minute of silence Rajoy attack Spain Britain London Bridge London
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016K03Y9Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and members of the Spanish parliament held a minute of silence on Monday (June 5) at noon (10:00 GMT) for the victims of the attack in London where militants killed seven people and injured 48 on Saturday (June 3).
Rajoy held the minute of silence ahead of the meeting of the executive committee of his ruling People's Party and MPs did the same outside the Spanish parliament.
Spanish media reported that one Spaniard was missing after going to the aid of a woman as she was stabbed, whilst another Spaniard is recovering in hospital from injuries sustained during the attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None