- Title: Big Bangâ€™s T.O.P suffers from drug overdose
- Date: 7th June 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - MAY 6, 2015) (REUTERS) SOUTH KOREAN BOY BAND BIG BANG'S MEMBERS: (FROM LEFT) SEUNGRI, T.O.P, TAEYANG, G-DRAGON AND DAESUNG SITTING ON COUCH T.O.P (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) SEUNGRI, T.O.P AND TAEYANG SITTING BIG BANG MEMBERS SITTING YG ENTERTAINMENT LOGO ON WALL EXTERIOR OF YG ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING
- Embargoed: 21st June 2017 09:55
- Keywords: doctor news conference kpop Big Bang member TOP drug overdose Big Bang's TOP unconscious in hospital
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026KA368D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: T.O.P, a member of South Korean boyband Big Bang, has been hospitalised for drug overdose on Wednesday (June 7).
Doctors at Seoul's Ewha Womans University Mokdong hospital said the K-pop star was admitted into emergency ward with low level of consciousness after he was found overdosed with benzodiazepine, a drug typically used to treat anxiety or depression.
His consciousness has yet to recover since admission, doctor said.
The incident came a day after T.O.P, whose real name is Choi Seung-hyun, was indicted without detention on charges of smoking marijuana in October last year, South Korea's news agency Yonhap said. He could face maximum five years jail term or up to 50 million won ($44,503 USD) of fine if found guilty.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None