- Title: The cast and crew of 'Stranger Things' talk Emmy buzz and season two
- Date: 7th June 2017
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JUNE 6, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SIGNAGE AT 'STRANGER THINGS' EVENT ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN BEING INTERVIEWED BY MEDIA CAST GROUP PHOTO FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN ON FILMING SEASON TWO, SAYING: "Nothing really changed, it was just more like an impactful situation. Everybody was very overwhelmed by the fact that the show got such a great response, so going back to season two it was like kind of crazy that everybody knew what we're doing and we had to keep secrets." ACTORS MILLIE BOBBY BROWN AND CALEB MCLAUGHLIN INTERACTING ON RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN ON THE SHOW'S POSSIBLE EMMY NOMINATION, SAYING: "Yeah, it was kind of weird because, I mean, we never really thought the show would get any nominations let alone just be watched, so winning a SAG Award was really big but I think being nominated for an Emmy would be so cool and the show completely deserves it, and I'm just so happy to be a part of it." YOUNG CAST MEMBERS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR A GROUP SHOT (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN ON MEETING LEONARDO DICAPRIO WHO LOVES THE SHOW, SAYING: "Yeah, I was really overwhelmed by that. I was like, 'Woah, my one crush in the whole entire world!" ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN TALKING TO SOMEONE ON THE RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN ON WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SHE MET LEONARDO DICAPRIO, SAYING: "I think I was like blushing the whole time. I was like, 'Oh my Goodness, I absolutely love you like I don't even think you understand!' I was like, 'Swoon!' I was dreaming over him, yeah." ACTOR DAVID HARBOUR POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR DAVID HARBOUR ON FILMING THE SECOND SEASON, SAYING: "It was, you know, a lot of the same and a lot different. It's the same crazy cast of characters so we're all like a family. There was kids around and there's these little Duffer Brothers who run the show so it feels very podunk in that way. We all know each other very well, we love each other, and then there was this added thing of we became a very popular show and people really loved it. And so there was an added level of excitement in making it, knowing that people could respond and also an added level or pressure like, 'Wow, we really want to now knock it out of the park, we've got a high bar, right?'" ACTOR DAVID HARBOUR TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR DAVID HARBOUR ON KEEPING SECRETS ABOUT SEASON TWO, SAYING: "It's weird, it's very weird. I'm not a big fan of... they have us burn our sides and our call sheets and everybody's on lockdown and it's not the way I like to operate. So it was a big deal and I'm also kind of terrible at it. I tend to spill things all the time so it's kind of a problem. In fact, I should probably stop talking right now but..." ACTOR DAVID HARBOUR TALKING TO MEDIA YOUNG CAST GROUP SHOT POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR NOAH SCHNAPP, SAYING: "I mean, I feel like I'm still normal Noah but it just feels so different when you're just like, I've never had to go on carpets and smile for pictures and stop on the street and have people notice me. I'm still the same but it's just the whole life and how crazy everything is. It's just an amazing and crazy ride." ACTOR CALEB MCLAUGHLIN TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR CALEB MCLAUGHLIN ON CELEBRITY FANS OF THE SHOW, SAYING: "We met President Barack Obama. He was super cool and he was like, 'I'm a fan, I know who you guys are,' and I'm like, 'Oh my gosh.' It was kind of cool. It was when he was in the White House." ACTORS GATEN MATARAZZO AND CALEB MCLAUGHLIN POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR GATEN MATARAZZO ON FILMING SEASON TWO, SAYING: "Well, this year they had to be a lot more cautious because a lot of people were trying to sneak on set to try and get some information. They were very good with security but it was definitely a lot stricter this season because you've got to make sure your mouth is shut so you don't spoil anything, as special as this is." ACTORS NOAH SCHNAPP AND FINN WOLFHARD TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR FINN WOLFHARD ON THINGS HE LOVED TO FILM IN SEASON TWO, SAYING: "Ooh, the Ghostbusters stuff was awesome. We got to ride our bikes and do a little bike chase in the Ghostbusters costumes and that was so surreal, just crazy. We had the Proton Packs too, it was crazy." SHOW CREATORS THE DUFF BROTHERS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) WRITERS AND PRODUCERS THE DUFF BROTHERS ON DEAD OR RETURNING CHARACTERS, SAYING: ROSS DUFFER: "That's true, that's like the James Cameron thing where no-one's ever dead in sci-fi... except for Barb, she's dead." REPORTER: "So did Matthew (Modine) appear on set of season two at all?" MATT DUFFER: "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I can't remember, we'll see. If we were to... if we had really wanted to kill him in season one, then we would have really killed him. You would have known." ROSS DUFFER: "He deserves a real death, I think, like a true and proper send off. SHOW CREATORS THE DUFF BROTHERS TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR SHAWN LEVY ON POSSIBLE EMMY NOMINATIONS FOR THE SHOW, SAYING: "We are a show with kids and an interdimensional monster. In what kind of crazy reality does that become a PGA Awards winner and, similarly, to now be even in an Emmy conversation is astounding and thrilling." ACTOR MILLIE BOBBY BROWN TALKING TO MEDIA ACTORS MILLIE BOBBY BROWN AND FINN WOLFHARD TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR SHAWN LEVY ON STEVEN SPIELBERG BEING A FAN OF THE SHOW, SAYING: "Yes, Steven was one of the earliest people to reach out to me and then the Duff Brothers, and I think it was Steven and it was J.J. (Abrams) and it was a tweet from Stephen King before we'd even premiered. Stephen King tweeted and frankly just get any kind of acknowledgment from the Stevens, who are the two pillars of our inspiration, that is as good as it gets." PAN SHOT OF CAST POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS CAST TALKING TO MEDIA
- Embargoed: 21st June 2017 05:45
- Keywords: Gaten Matarazzo The Duffer Brothers Stranger Things Netflix Noah Schnapp David Harbour Shawn Levy Millie Bobby Brown Caleb McLaughlin
- Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport,Television
- Reuters ID: LVA0026KA21XP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The cast and crew of "Stranger Things" have been discussing the upcoming second season, the secrecy around it and the show's biggest celebrity fans.
They all walked the red carpet on Tuesday (June 6) at a special For Your Consideration event in Beverly Hills as the show is hotly-tipped to receive a string of Emmy award nominations next month (July).
"Stranger Things," which airs worldwide on Netflix and has proven to be a hit with audiences and critics alike, is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.
"Stranger Things 2," which has only recently finished filming, will premiere on Netflix this Halloween.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None