- Title: LAND CRISES: CHIEF KHAYELIHLE MATHABA'S CLAIM TO JOHN DUNN'S LAND
- Date: 3rd April 2001
- Summary: LAND CRISES: CHIEF KHAYELIHLE MATHABA'S CLAIM TO JOHN DUNN'S LAND
- Access Restrictions:This media cannot be downloaded as there may be copyright restrictions. Please contact us for more information
- City: Kwazulu-Natal
- Country: South Africa
- Reuters ID: 01APR03R03
- Story Text:LAND CRISES: CHIEF KHAYELIHLE MATHABA'S CLAIM TO JOHN DUNN'S LAND
15.30.04 Let's hope today that they are going to rectify this past mistakes.
15.30.26 KING GAVE TO JOHN DUNN A RESIDENTIAL SITE
15.32.55 DUNN DIED IN 1879
15.33.38 This land was given to my people so I wanted to share this land to the Dunns because there's nowhere they can move to. We must share this land with the Dunns because if we say they must move out, where should they move to? They must go to Scotland? No. They belong here.
15.36.12 I'm just rtrying to push Minister .. To push this matter.
15.36.37 before they do any exappropriation we have to sit down and discuss our issues and some of the Dunns they are willing to sell the farms.
15.37.44 THE LAND CLAIM HERE IS NOT RELATED TO WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST WITH JOHN DUNN - MORE RELATED WITH 1976 WHEN THE NATIONALIST GOVERNMENT..?
15.37.54 It happened in 1976 where people here were forceably removed.
THEY'VE STOLEN IT IN 1957 WE WANT IT BACK
15.39.24 PRESS FUNNIES: We zulus we've got a lot of children. We do our reproduction system too much [laughing.]
15.40.16 COMMENTS ABOUT AIDS / TB
15.46.47 WALK-ABOUT TO VILLAGE HUTS / GRAVEYARD - OLD TOMBSTONES
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS