- Title: WORLD CUP 100 DAYS – DURBAN, 02 MARCH 2010
- Date: 2nd March 2010
- Summary: WORLD CUP 100 DAYS – DURBAN, 02 MARCH 2010
- Access Restrictions:This media cannot be downloaded as there may be copyright restrictions. Please contact us for more information
- City: Durban
- Country: South Africa
- Reuters ID: 10MAR02R02
- Story Text:WORLD CUP 100 DAYS – DURBAN, 02 MARCH 2010
00:02:42: Interior shots of MOSES MABIDHA STADIUM
00:08:43: Close up on DURBAN TOURISM BANNER
00:09:48: Wide of the entrance
00:11:24: Close up on DURBAN TOURISM BANNER
00:11:37: Interior shots of MOSES MABIDHA STADIUM
4. SEATS IN STADIUM
5. STADIUM TURF
6. VARIOUS OF NEWS CONFERENCE WITH FIFA AND SOUTH AFRICA GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
7. VIDEOJOURNALIST STANDING BEHIND BANNER READING: "100 DAYS TO GO"
8. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SEPP BLATTER, FIFA PRESIDENT, SAYING:
"A long way paved with trust and confidence but with patience as well. And there was a lot to do and to change to and to convince people in our organisation of football FIFA that one day they will accept that we will give back something to Africa, Africa that has given so much not onl,y to the world but to the world of football also and therefore, I am very proud and very happy that this love story is now coming to a real wedding party."
6. MORE OF NEWS CONFERENCE
7. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SEPP BLATTER, FIFA PRESIDENT, SAYING:
"I want to say that there is a general pessimism but what is important to know that people are doubting and always hesitating, doubts can they do it, can they not do it but they can do it."
8. VARIOUS OF NEWS CONFERENCE
9. BLATTER HUGGING AND GREETING CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH, SOUTH AFRICA DEPUTY PRESIDENT, KGALEMA MOTLANTHE IN BACKGROUND
10. BAFANA BAFANA PLAYERS GREETING OFFICIALS
11. PAN OF EXTERIOR/ ROOF OF MOSES MABIDHA STADIUM
12. PAN OF INTERIORS OF STADIUM
13. TILT DOWN OF STADIUM
14. STADIUM TURF
15. MORE OF EXTERIOR OF STADIUM
16. FLAG RAISING CEREMONY/ HELICOPTERS CARRYING SOUTH AFRICAN FLAGS
17. BUNDGY JUMPER CARRYING SOUTH AFRICAN FLAG
18. MOTLANTHE CARRYING FLAG, BLATTER AND OTHER OFFICIALS LOOKING ON
19. MORE OF HELICOPTERS CARRYING FLAGS
20. PARREIRA CARRYING FLAG WITH MOTLANTHE AND BLATTER LOOKING ON
21. BAFANA BAFANA SQAUD CARRYING FLAGS AT PHOTO OP WITH FIFA OFFICIALS
FIFA WORLD CUP GALA DINNER
FIFA officials optimistic as South Africa marks 100 days before the 2010 World Cup.
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA (MARCH 1, 2010) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. SEPP BLATTER, FIFA PRESIDENT ACCOMPANIED BY KGALEMA MOTLANTHE, SOUTH AFRICA VICE PRESIDENT WALKING
2. GENERAL VIEWS OF GALA DINNER WITH IRVIN KHOZA, SOUTH AFRICA FIFA ORGANISING COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN SPEAKING ON STAGE
3. BLATTER WALKING TO PODIUM, GREETING HOSTS OF DINNER
4. JEROME VALCKE, FIFA SECRETARY-GENERAL TALKING TO CEO, FIFA SOUTH AFRICA ORGANISING COMMITTEE AT DINNER TABLE
5. MORE OF BLATTER AT PODIUM
6. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SEPP BLATTER, FIFA PRESIDENT, SAYING:
"The architecture of the new stadia or the renovation of existing stadia thwy will enter into the architectural history. The buildings that have been made here are not only stadia to kick a ball, these are really legacy in culture, architecture for the future. Congratulations on what you have realised, congratulations South Africa."
7. GUESTS STANDING AND CLAPPING
8. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SEPP BLATTER, FIFA PRESIDENT, SAYING:
"Football for Hope will be the legacy, the legacy will be education for all but education through football and with the health of the young players. Health, education and football, this will be the legacy until 2015 and later on, we will see. And this program will benefit not only South Africa, it will benefit the whole continent and later on, the same program can be spread through the world."
9. VARIOUS OF DINNER GUESTS
10. (SOUNDBITE) (English) KGALEMA MOTLANTHE, SOUTH AFRICA VICE-PRESIDENT, SAYING:
"With the FIFA World Cup coming to Africa for the first time one can safely say without any fear of contradiction that football is coming back home. For many years, African football stars have lightened the world of football in major competitions around the world contributing to the development and popularity of this wonderful game. For the first time in history, these stars will have a chance to shine at home."
11. GUESTS CLAPPING
12. DRAKENSBERG BOYS CHOIR PERFORMING
BAFANA BAFANA VERSUS NAMIBIA
Bafana Bafana coach, Carlos Alberto Parreira hopeful about World Cup prospects despite team's lack lustre performance, drawing 1-1 with neighbours Namibia.
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA (MARCH 3, 2010) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. PAN OF FANS IN MOSES MABIDHA STADIUM
2. WIDE OF CROWD SINGING AND CLAPPING HANDS
3. BAFANA BAFANA PLAYERS WARMING UP BEFORE MATCH AGAINST NAMIBIA
4. CLOSE UP OF FANS BLOWING VUVUZELAS
5. ZOOM OUT TO MORE FANS BLOWING VUVUZELAS
6. NAMIBIA'S BRAVE WARRIORS STRETCHING BEFORE MATCH
7. CLOSE UP OF FAN BLOWING VUVUZELAS/ ZOOM OUT TO MORE FANS WITH VUVUZELAS
8. WIDE OF NEWS CONFERENCE WITH CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH
9. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH, SAYING:
"The only time we really played with the ball on the ground, it was the moment we scored the goal. That's why it will take time, not to panic, not to be in a hurry. We have good spirit, good heart but not good performance playing the way we like. I believe that if we had kept the ball more and go with the ball under the ball, we could have created more chances."
10. CLOSE UP OF MAHLOMOLA MORAKE, BAFANA BAFANA MEDIA SPOKESPERSON
11. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH, SAYING:
"We want to play before the World Cup here in May, in our soil, in our grounds at least four friendly games against good teams so that the players when they step in for the opening on the 11th they don't be intimidated by the FNB stadium. 90,000 people there, the whole world watching you, it's intimidating for everybody so that's why we are working very hard. It's not easy to get big teams to come and play with us."
12. JOURNALISTS AT THE NEWS CONFERENCE
13. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH, SAYING:
"Of course we want to win all the games, but it's important for them to feel the pressure, to feel the heat before the game against Mexico. We consider the game against Mexico as a fundamental. Even for us and for Mexico, winning or a draw will keep you in the competition until the last rounds."
14. MORE OF JOURNALISTS AT NEWS CONFERENCE
SOUTH AFRICA - CAFU/ BAFANA BAFANA TRAINING
Brazilian football star Cafu pays visit to Bafana Bafana players ahead of South Africa friendly against Namibia on Wednesday (March 3).
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA (MARCH 2, 2010) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. WIDE SHOT OF BAFANA BAFANA TRAINING AT THE MOSES MABHIDA STADIUM
2. BRADLEY CARNELL, BAFANA BAFANA PLAYER, TRAINING WITH TEAM MATES
3. VARIOUS OF CARLOS ALBERTO PARREIRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH STANDING, CAFU, FORMER BRAZIL CAPTAIN, WITH OTHER BAFANA BAFANA PLAYERS RUNNING
4. PARREIRA STANDING WITH CAFU CHATTING
5. (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CAFU, FORMER BRAZIL CAPTAIN, SAYING:
"All the teams that are here have a chance. It's open for everybody."
6. PARREIRA TRANSLATING
7. (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CAFU, FORMER BRAZIL CAPTAIN, SAYING:
"Some national teams have more capabilities than others but everybody who is here has the potential to be the world champions."
8. PARREIRA TRANSLATING
9. MORE OF PARREIRA STANDING WITH CAFU
10. (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CAFU,FORMER BRAZILIAN CAPTAIN, SAYING:
"It was about time that an African country would host the World Cup."
11. MORE OF PAREIRRA TRANSLATING
12. (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CAFU, FORMER BRAZILIAN CAPTAIN, SAYING:
"For all the things which happen in football in the last ten years with many players from Africa being stars in their teams in Europe, so they deserve it."
13. MORE OF PARREIRA TRANSLATING
14. MORE OF BAFANA BAFANA TRAINING, PAREIRRA ON PITCH
15. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CARLOS ALBERTO PAREIRRA, BAFANA BAFANA COACH, SAYING:
"Still a very powerful, still an image very strong, and be the person he is, an example for the boys and I think it was an honour for us, not training, just enjoying ten minutes with us on the training ground."
16. CARNELL PLAYING WITH TEAM MATES
17. (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRADLEY CARNELL, BAFANA BAFANA PLAYER, SAYING:
"Well, we have to be positive and remain focused because we see what the people have put up with the stadia, the infrastructure, nobody reckoned we'd get it done in time and we've come up with that with flying colours. So, I'm very optimistic, we just have to remain focused and be brave and do our thing."
18. VARIOUS OF PLAYERS STRETCHING
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS