- Title: France's Macron welcomes King of Jordan in Paris
- Date: 19th June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 19, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) REPUBLICAN GUARDS STANDING IN FRONT OF ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE
- Embargoed: 3rd July 2017 19:43
- Keywords: Emmanuel Macron France King Abdullah Jordan Elysee presidential palace
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016LY48XZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron welcomed Jordan's King Abdullah in Paris on Monday (June 19).
Macron and King Abdullah discussed Israel and the Palestinian territories, and the French president condemned an attack on Friday (June 16) by three Palestinians who killed an Israeli policewoman as well as "continuing settlement expansion".
Speaking from the Elysee presidential palace, Macron also paid tribute to an Iraqi journalist who was killed and three French reporters who were wounded after a mine exploded in Mosul where they were covering an advance by Iraqi forces against Islamic State militants.
King Abdullah called for a "political solution to regional conflict" to prevent sectarian violence and the threat from terrorism.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None