- Title: Clashes continue in rage in Caracas
- Date: 19th June 2017
- Summary: PROTESTERS SHOUTING SLOGANS "IT IS FOR YOU VENEZUELA, FOR YOU" AND SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
- Embargoed: 3rd July 2017 22:15
- Keywords: Nicolas Maduro political crisis tear gas
- Location: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- City: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- Country: Venezuela
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026LY4K07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Clashes continued to rage in Venezuela on Monday (June 19) as opposition demonstrators led a demo called "Everyone to Caracas".
According to protest organizers, the demo was aimed at drawing government opponents from other states to the capital and march to the National Electoral Council (CNE).
National Guard troops were out in force with riot gear and tear gas as they clashed with protesters in the afternoon.
Monday marks 80 days since protests began against President Nicolas Maduro.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.