- Title: Pakistan cricket captain Sarfraz Ahmed mobbed by delighted fans
- Date: 20th June 2017
- Summary: LAHORE, PAKISTAN (JUNE 20, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BOWLER HASAN ALI WAVING FROM INSIDE CAR AS THE CAR IS BEING SHOWERED WITH ROSE PETALS BY CRICKET FANS BABAR AZAM IS SEEN SEATED INSIDE CAR THROUGH WINDSCREEN FANS CHANTING "LONG LIVE PAKISTAN" KARACHI, PAKISTAN (JUNE 20, 2017) (REUTERS) CRICKET LOVERS GATHERED AT ILLUMINATED AND DECORATED STREET THAT LEADS TO RESIDENCE OF PAKISTAN SKIPPER SARFRAZ AHMED BANNER HANGING ON STREET READING (English) "PAKISTAN WINNING SQUAD ICC CHAMPIONS 2017" VARIOUS OF CHEERING CROWD WAVING HUGE PAKISTANI FLAG (2 SHOTS) FANS CHANTING (Urdu) "LONG LIVE PAKISTAN" BEARDED MAN CHANTING "SARFRAZ, SARFRAZ" CAR CARRYING SARFRAZ AHMED ARRIVING HOME AS IT PASSES THROUGH CROWD (2 SHOTS) VARIOUS OF SKIPPER SARFRAZ AHMED STANDING ON BALCONY OF HIS RESIDENCE WHILE WAVING CHAMPIONS TROPY TO FANS (5 SHOTS) (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) PAKISTAN SKIPPER, SARFRAZ AHMED, SAYING: "This is a very big victory for Pakistani people and the Pakistan team. The efforts of the whole team were involved in it. All the boys worked hard after they lost the first match and their comeback is really praiseworthy." CROWD WITH PAKISTAN FLAG (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) CRICKET FAN, NADEEM ALI, SAYING: "We are feeling extremely delighted. We are standing here since just after the Sahur (starting the fast). Though we are tired but we enjoyed very much the sight of him (Sarfraz)." CROWD LEAVING
- Embargoed: 4th July 2017 08:41
- Keywords: Pakistan Cricket Champions Trophy Sarfraz Ahmed
- Location: LAHORE AND KARACHI, PAKISTAN
- City: LAHORE AND KARACHI, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Topics: Cricket,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M3008V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Players of the Pakistan cricket team were given heroes' welcomes as they arrived home on Tuesday (June 20) with the Champions Trophy after their stunning success against India in the final played in London on Sunday (June 18).
Faheem Ashraf, Babar Azam along with player of the tournament, Hasan Ali, arrived in Lahore where they were showered with rose petals by fans while captain Sarfraz Ahmed flew back to Karachi where huge crowds gathered outside his house overnight to await his return.
When he arrived, hundreds of fans crowded around his car, but he eventually was able to make his way to the balcony of his house to display the trophy to the fans.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None