- Title: At least 10 killed in Somalia car bomb claimed by al Shabaab
- Date: 20th June 2017
- Summary: MOGADISHU, SOMALIA (JUNE 20, 2017) (REUTERS) BULLDOZER CLEARING BLAST SCENE VARIOUS OF GOVERNMENT BUILDING TARGETED IN ATTACK VARIOUS OF FIRST RESPONDERS REMOVING DEBRIS WITH HANDS BODY BEING MOVED FROM SCENE CAR BURIED IN DEBRIS SOLDIERS WALKING AROUND ATTACK SCENE / DAMAGED VEHICLE VARIOUS OF DAMAGED VEHICLE BULLDOZER CLEARING SCENE
- Embargoed: 4th July 2017 13:48
- Keywords: car bomb attack government building Somalia Mogadishu Islamist insurgency Al Shabaab
- Location: MOGADISHU, SOMALIA
- City: MOGADISHU, SOMALIA
- Country: Somalia
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Insurgencies
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M31T1J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: At least 10 people were killed and 20 others were wounded on Tuesday (June 20) in a car bombing in Somali capital Mogadishu, a government official said.
The attack on a government building was claimed by al Shabaab.
The militant group frequently launches attacks in Mogadishu and other areas controlled by Somalia's federal government. It wants to force out African Union peacekeepers, topple the Western-backed government and impose its strict version of Islam.
In an attack last week, al Shabaab fighters killed at least 19 people in a car bomb and gun attack on a hotel and nearby restaurant in Mogadishu.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None