- Title: France's Macron taps relative unknowns in government reshuffle
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 21, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PALACE ELYSEE SECRETARY GENERAL, ALEXIS KOHLER, WALKING UP TO MICROPHONE, ANNOUNCING GOVERNMENT RESHUFFLE WHITE FLASH (SOUNDBITE) (French) ELYSEE SECRETARY GENERAL, ALEXIS KOHLER, SAYING: "Madame Florence Parly, Defense Minister"
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 19:01
- Keywords: Sylvie Goulard Florence Parly Defense Minister Justice Minister reshuffle Nicole Belloubet Paris Francois Bayrou French government Emmanuel Macron French President France
- Location: PARIS & PAU, FRANCE
- City: PARIS & PAU, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M83IH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS WHITE FLASHES BETWEEN SOUNDBITES
French President Emmanuel Macron named a group of relative unknowns to senior government posts on Wednesday (June 21) in a reshuffle after allies from the centre-right MoDem party said they were resigning.
MoDem has become embroiled in a legal probe into claims that it misused EU parliamentary funds and its importance as an ally has subsided since Macron's party won a comfortable majority in a parliamentary election on Sunday.
Businesswoman Florence Parly, who worked in the past in a Socialist government and for major French transport companies, was named Defence Minister and law expert Nicole Belloubet was nominated justice minister.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None