- Title: Schalke is no ordinary club, says new coach Domenico Tedesco
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY (JUNE 21, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF SCHALKE 04 SPORTS DIRECTOR CHRISTIAN HEIDEL ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE WITH NEW COACH, DOMENICO TEDESCO REPORTERS / PODIUM (SOUNDBITE) (German) NEW SCHALKE 04 COACH, DOMENICO TEDESCO, SAYING: "Schalke to me is not an ordinary club. I would not have left Aue just for any team. I have to underline that. Schalke is something great to me, something of great emotions with a gigantic fan culture ready to give it all for this club. We will do everything we can and we are highly motivated to give back this emotion in a positive manner and to pay everything back." PAN FROM SLOGAN IN GERMAN â€œFC SCHALKE 04. WE LIVE YOU" (CORRECT) TO TEDESCO SPEAKING REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (German) NEW SCHALKE 04 COACH, DOMENICO TEDESCO, SAYING: "The one man show that did not exist in Aue won't exist here either. Here too we need a strong team and a strong team around the team: a strong coaching team, a strong board, a strong business office which is part of it. All these are small details which make up the complete picture to make sure we achieve a great success." VARIOUS OF REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (German) SCHALKE 04 SPORTING DIRECTOR, CHRISTIAN HEIDEL, SAYING: "I believe that with Domenico Tedesco we have found a coach who might not fit into the usual profile of a Schalke coach but who, I firmly believe, embodies exactly what Schalke 04 needs. We wanted to hire a coach who above all is tactically very experienced, who has proven that he is capable of bringing a team tactically forward." HEIDEL SPEAKING REPORTERS WIDE OF NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 13:07
- Keywords: Schalke 04 Domenico Tedesco new coach
- Location: GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY
- City: GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M7ZMM7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Schalke 04 presented its new coach Domenico Tedesco on Wednesday (June 21), some two weeks after the German club fired Markus Weinzierl.
31-year-old Italian-born Tedesco grew up in Germany and last coached Erzgebrige Aue in eastern Germany's Saxony region, a club he said he would not have left "just for any team."
Sporting director Christian Heidel told reporters that although Tedesco might not fit the usual profile of a Schalke coach, the new coach was above all "tactically very experienced" and had proven his capabilities.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None