- Title: Messaging app LINE opens retail store in Bangkok
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: BANGKOK, THAILAND (JUNE 21, 2017) (REUTERS) OUTSIDE OF LINE VILLAGE STORE STUFFED BROWN BEAR OUTSIDE LINE VILLAGE STORE PEOPLE IN STORE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 13:44
- Keywords: Line message app Line village store products Bangkok in Thailand
- Location: BANGKOK, THAILAND
- City: BANGKOK, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M82ON5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Thailand has introduced its first ever Line Village Store in Bangkok's commercial area, which will be followed by an indoor theme park, in the spirit of the popular messaging app.
The app, known for its vast array of emoticon characters, hails from South Korea.
After Japan, Thailand has the most number of Line users. About 94 percent of the smartphone internet users in Thailand use Line, according to the messaging app.
Kampanart Wonghongkul, CEO of Line Village Bangkok, said that an interactive theme park and a snack bar cafe are expected to be open to the public by the end of the year.
The three-storey themed park is expected to welcome at least 12 million foreign tourists per year.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None