- Title: Queen Elizabeth arrives in UK parliament to give speech
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: QUEEN'S GUARDS MARCHING OUTSIDE ENTRANCE TO HOUSE OF LORDS FLAG BEARER / UNIT COMMANDER ORDERING HALT QUEEN'S GUARDS ASSEMBLED OUTSIDE HOUSE OF LORDS ENTRANCE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 11:42
- Keywords: Queen's Speech parliament Queen Elizabeth Westminster House of Lords
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0056M8116V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Queen Elizabeth departed from her London residence, the Buckingham Palace, on Wednesday (June 21) to formally open the British parliament.
The queen also announced the government's programme for the next two years, with a key focus on legislating Britain's exit from the European Union.
The Queen's Speech, prepared by ministers and read out by the monarch, comes at a time of unprecedented political flux, with May yet to secure a deal with Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) to prop up her government.
May has been chastened by an election result which left her Conservative Party short of a majority in parliament.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None