- Title: Russia considering retaliatory sanctions against U.S. - Kremlin
- Date: 21st June 2017
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (RECENT) (REUTERS) PEOPLE ON SQUARE / KREMLIN IN BACKGROUND PEOPLE ON SQUARE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2017 11:35
- Keywords: Dmitry Peskov Russia sanctions U.S. sanctions Kremlin sanctions eastern Ukraine Ukrainian rebels Minsk agreements
- Location: UNINOWN LOCATION, MOSCOW, ARKHANGELSK, ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- City: UNINOWN LOCATION, MOSCOW, ARKHANGELSK, ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0056M80U2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Moscow is considering a range of retaliatory measures in response to a planned new round of U.S. sanctions to be imposed on Moscow over its role in Ukraine, the Kremlin said on Wednesday (June 21).
"It goes without saying that the main principle of reacting to sanctions is reciprocity, it is easy to explain and it is clear. We have received the news of sanctions with regret," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a conference call with reporters.
He also said that Kremlin regards a U.S. statement linking the lifting of sanctions on Russia to its withdrawal from eastern Ukraine as "inappropriate and incorrect", because "Russia is not present on the territory of Donbass".
Peskov also said the Kremlin was not ruling out a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump on the sidelines of a G-20 summit in Germany next month.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None