- Title: Frozen cocktails, Berlin's new summer trend to fight high temperatures
- Date: 22nd June 2017
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (JUNE 21, 2017) (REUTERS) SPREE RIVER - PEOPLE DANCING AT THE 'FETE DE LA MUSIQUE' VARIOUS OF PEOPLE DANCING WOMEN DANCING WITH ICE-COCKTAILS IN THEIR HANDS CLOSE UP OF WOMAN WITH ICE-COCKTAIL IN HER HAND
- Embargoed: 6th July 2017 12:38
- Keywords: ice cream cocktails high temperatures heat Germany
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016MD0BQ1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Amid thousands of people dancing to techno music at Berlin's 'Fete de la Musique', a man walks through the crowd carrying a hand-made tray full of what could become the new trend in the German capital: ice-cocktails.
They look like simple popsicles but contain 11 percent alcohol, and its makers hope they can achieve a break-through with their product as temperatures in Germany are expected to remain high over the summer.
In past weeks temperatures in the capital have reached 30 degrees Celsius (86 F).
Aimed at private and street parties, many discovered the ice-cocktails while bands and musicians performed in Berlin.
So far there are six flavours and among them are some of the most popular inspired by international long drinks concentrated into 36 ml (1.21 U.S. fluid ounces) popsicles.
Its makers, a small German company based in Berlin, says it only uses fresh products.
"We work with fresh fruit, we have strawberry daiquiri, mango daiquiri ... or gin and tonic, Moscow mule... And it is all quite all right," Felix Riederer, marketing director for Schleck Druff told Reuters during one of the largest music festivals in the city.
Fifteen popsicles cost around 45 euros on the company's website.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.