- Title: Macron's new cabinet mix of veterans and rookies, government spokesman says
- Date: 22nd June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 22, 2017) (REUTERS) PRIME MINISTER EDOUARD PHILIPPE AND CASTANER WALKING OUT OF ELYSEE PHILIPPE ENTERING CAR VARIOUS OF INTERIOR MINISTER GERARD COLLOMB WALKING OUT OF ELYSEE COURTYARD VARIOUS OF NEWLY-APPOINTED JUSTICE MINISTER NICOLE BELLOUBET WALKING OUT OF ELYSEE COURTYARD NEWLY-APPOINTED ARMED FORCES MINISTER FLORENCE PARLY AND TRANSPORT MINISTER ELISABETH BORNE WALKING OUT OF ELYSEE COURTYARD PARLY WALKING TO VEHICLE, JOURNALISTS ASKING OFF-CAM HOW THE CABINET MEETING WENT, PARLY SAYING (French) "Very well," JOURNALISTS ASKING OFF-CAM WHAT THE PRESIDENT SAID, PARLY SAYING "A lot of things" HULOT WALKING TO VEHICLE, JOURNALIST ASKING OFF-CAM ABOUT RECORD TEMPERATURE FOR HOTTEST NIGHT IN SO MANY YEARS, HULOT SAYING (French): "This confirms what we have always said, that unfortunately, these rare events will become more regular."/ JOURNALIST ASKING HOW THE CABINET MEETING WENT, HULOT SAYING (French): "Studious." JUNIOR MINISTER FOR ECONOMY BENJAMIN GRIVEAUX AND FINANCE AND ECONOMY MINISTER BRUNO LE MAIRE WALKING TOWARDS VEHICLE SPORTS MINISTER LAURA FLESSEL WALKING TO VEHICLE POIRSON WALKING TOWARDS VEHICLE
- Embargoed: 6th July 2017 14:37
- Keywords: Macron Philippe ministers Elysee resignation France
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036MD1Y6F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron put a group of relative unknowns, some from outside politics, into ministerial roles on Wednesday (June 21) to replace those that left under a cloud just weeks into his tenure.
Businesswoman Florence Parly, who worked previously in a Socialist government and for major French transport companies, was named defence minister, and law expert Nicole Belloubet was nominated justice minister, replacing two of the departed.
Jacques Mezard moved from the Agriculture Ministry to the territorial planning ministry vacated by Macron's right-hand man Richard Ferrand earlier this week. Macron loyalist Stephane Travert took over the agriculture portfolio.
Julien Denormandie, also dubbed a "Macron boy" for his close ties to the president, was given junior minister post for territorial planning.
Macron's reshuffle, coming after a group of ministers from the affiliated centrist party MoDem resigned over allegations that the party used European parliamentary funds.
He has tapped more people from the non-political world, reflecting the profile of many of his newly elected members of parliament.
Among the newcomers are 31-year-old Sebastian Lecornu, the youngest in the cabinet, appointed as junior minister for environment. Taking a similar role is Brune Poirson, 34, a graduate of the London School of Economics who worked in a Boston private company.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None