- Title: River Plate confirms two players tested positive for diuretic
- Date: 23rd June 2017
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (FILE - MAY 11, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RIVER TRAINING
- Embargoed: 7th July 2017 20:50
- Keywords: doping River Argentina scandal
- Location: EZEIZA, BUENOS AIRES PROVINCE AND BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: EZEIZA, BUENOS AIRES PROVINCE AND BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036MI22PR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: River Plate's doctor Pedro Hansing said on Friday (June 23) that the substance detected in the anti-doping controls of two members of the squad is not in any of the drugs used by the club of the Argentine soccer league.
River reported this week that Conmebol them that midfielder Camilo Mayada and defender Lucas Martinez Quarta tested positive for anti-doping controls during two games of the first round of the Copa Libertadores de America.
Team doctor Pedro Hansing said the club is investigating the possibility that some supplement or substance may have been contaminated.
Coach Marcelo Gallardo said the club is trying to do everything possible to understand what happened.
River will face Paraguay's Guarani on July 4 in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores round of 16, in a match that Mayada and Martinez Quarta will not be able to play in as they face a probable suspension for several months.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None