- Title: LA's kids celebrate Olympic Day at the beach.
- Date: 24th June 2017
- Summary: CLOSE UPS OF CHILDREN PLAYING BALL GAMES ON THE BEACH
- Embargoed: 8th July 2017 01:00
- Keywords: Olympic Day Los Angeles LA LA 2024 Santa Monica Olympian Janet Evans Jesse Smith
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0056MI34NB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: LA has been celebrating Olympic Day at the beach.
LA 2024, the LA84 Foundation, the United States Olympic Committee and The Foundation for Global Sports Development hosted sports clinics for 500 young Angelenos at Will Rogers State Beach, hosting the American flagship Olympic Day Celebration on Friday (June 23). Young Angelenos participated in eight Olympic and Paralympic sports including track and field, fencing, table tennis, volleyball, sitting volleyball, rugby, handball and gymnastics. They were joined by more than 30 Team USA Olympians and Paralympians.
LA is competing against Paris to host the 2024 Olympics.
Olympic Day is held annually on June 23 to commemorate the birth of the Olympic Games in 1894 and is celebrated by millions of people in over 160 countries. Its mission is to promote fitness, well-being, culture and education, while promoting the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.