- Title: Dior celebrates 70th anniversary at Paris Fashion Week
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (French) DIOR CEO SYDNEY TOLEDANO SAYING: "Mr. Dior understood that as early as 1947, because he himself travelled a lot and visited the United States, South America, the house went to Japan... I mean, he crossed the world and this is a tradition which has continued at Dior for 70 years. Not only do we travel everywhere but we even bring the five continents to Paris." TOLEDANO DURING INTERVIEW (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI SAYING: "Tonight, there is the opening of our exhibition, the Dior exhibition, about all the history of Dior. And so I decided to work and to do an homage to Mr. Dior. And so I decided to look at all the jobs Dior did in his first ten years because in any case he gave the DNA of the brand." PAINTING HANGING OVER CATWALK (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI SAYING: "But he (Christian Dior) was a very strong designer for day-wear and so, in the collection, like you can see, there is a lot of jackets, coats, chemisiers. I translate that, all these elements, with my own language and also in this time, so sometimes, some chemisier became a jumpsuit. But at the end, what they want to translate is that the DNA and the code of Dior in a way that it is possible for all women." WOODEN-CRAFTED BIRD IN SETTING VARIOUS OF DIOR SIGN
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 18:07
- Keywords: Maria Grazia Chiuri Karli Kloss Dior Haute Couture Sydney Toledano Celine Dion Christian Dior Paris Fashion Week Jennifer Lawrence Kirsten Dunst Felicity Jones Robert Pattinson
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0036O5YDZT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: In celebration of Christian Dior's 70th anniversary, Italian creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri unveiled a highly-anticipated Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Haute Couture collection in Paris on Monday (July 3), in the form of an homage to the haughty and travelled beauties of the brand's founder who passed away in 1957.
The Italian's first Haute Couture collection was presented on a fern-lined outdoor catwalk near Paris' Hotel des Invalides, with celebrities, including singer Celine Dion and Spanish actress Rossy de Palma, in attendance.
Chiuri said she had been inspired by a map she found in the fashion house's archives, symbolizing Christian Dior's willingness to allow cultures from around the world to influence his work.
Later on Monday, Paris's Decorative Arts Museum will hold a VIP opening for its latest exhibition, "Christian Dior: dream designer", bringing together the designs and cultural inspiration behind Dior's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None