- Title: Dior celebrates 70th anniversary at Paris Fashion Week
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 3, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MODEL KARLI KLOSS ARRIVING FOR DIOR FASHION SHOW VARIOUS OF KLOSS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS SINGER CELINE DION ARRIVING FOR FASHION SHOW ACTRESS ROSSY DE PALMA GREETING STYLIST ALBER ELBAZ WOMEN ATTENDING SHOW ACTRESS KIRSTEN DUNST (RIGHT) POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ACTOR ROBERT PATTINSON GREETING ACQUAINTANCES DIOR CEO SIDNEY TOLEDANO AND ACTRESS JENNIFER LAWRENCE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS VARIOUS OF ACTRESS FELICITY JONES (SOUNDBITE) (English) SINGER CELINE DION SAYING: "It's gonna be a long answer for me, dear. I love my fashion, my whole life I have been liking fashion. It's part of what I do, I am a singer so I need fashion to perform and to perform well I need fashion. So let's see what they have to propose today." VARIOUS OF MODELS BACKSTAGE
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 18:07
- Keywords: Maria Grazia Chiuri Karli Kloss Dior Haute Couture Sydney Toledano Celine Dion Christian Dior Paris Fashion Week Jennifer Lawrence Kirsten Dunst Felicity Jones Robert Pattinson
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0016O5YDZT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: In celebration of Christian Dior's 70th anniversary, Italian creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri unveiled a highly-anticipated Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Haute Couture collection in Paris on Monday (July 3), in the form of an homage to the haughty and travelled beauties of the brand's founder who passed away in 1957.
The Italian's first Haute Couture collection was presented on a fern-lined outdoor catwalk near Paris' Hotel des Invalides, with celebrities, including singer Celine Dion and Spanish actress Rossy de Palma, in attendance.
Chiuri said she had been inspired by a map she found in the fashion house's archives, symbolizing Christian Dior's willingness to allow cultures from around the world to influence his work.
Later on Monday, Paris's Decorative Arts Museum will hold a VIP opening for its latest exhibition, "Christian Dior: dream designer", bringing together the designs and cultural inspiration behind Dior's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None