- Title: Bosnian filmmaker Aleb Drljevic presents his first feature film at Karlovy Vary
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: KARLOVY VARY, CZECH REPUBLIC (JULY 1, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF AUDIENCE CELEBRATING FILM WITH STANDING OVATIONS
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 15:27
- Keywords: film festival Karlovy Vary Men don't cry director Alen Drljevic
- Location: KARLOVY VARY, CZECH REPUBLIC
- City: KARLOVY VARY, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0036O5YTRT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bosnian film director Alen Drljevic presented his first feature film at the 52nd International Film Festival in the western Bohemian spa of Karlovy Vary.
The film 'Men don't cry', which is screened in the main competition at the renowned Czech film festival, tells the story of a group of war veterans at a remote mountain hotel who take part in a therapy workshop. Their stay is not without personal problems, because the former soldiers are obstinately holding on their fundamental masculinity and their prejudices and refuse to expose the inhumanity of events experienced during war, whether perpetrated by them or somebody else.
The international co-production (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Croatia and Germany) received standing ovations at its first screening.
More than 300 film makers will be introduced at this year's edition of the Karlovy Vary film festival and some 200 films from around the world will be shown. The festival is intended for both film professionals as well as the general public. It runs until July 8.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None