- Title: German team returns home after winning Confederations Cup
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (JULY 3, 2017) (REUTERS) PLANE CARRYING VICTORIOUS GERMAN TEAM RETURNING FROM ST. PETERSBURG TAXIING TOWER AIRPORT WORKERS PUTTING BRAKES ON PLANE'S WHEELS PLANE'S CAPTAIN HOLDING GERMAN FLAG OUT OF COCKPIT WINDOW JULIAN DRAXLER, TEAM CAPTAIN IN THE ABSENCE OF MANUEL NEUER, LEAVING PLANE, HOLDING TROPHY WOMAN TAKING PHOTO WITH MOBILE PHONE GERMANY TEAM MEMBERS LEAVING PLANE AND POSING FOR CAMERAS ON GANGWAY CAMERAMAN PLAYERS POSING FOR CAMERAS CAMERAMAN FILMING PAN DOWN PLAYERS STANDING ON GANGWAY CAMERA CREWS GERMANY COACH, JOACHIM LOEW, LEAVING PLANE
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 12:01
- Keywords: soccer confed cup return Frankfurt captian Julian Draxler
- Location: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- City: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016O5WYM7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The German national team returned from St. Petersburg on Monday (July 3) after winning the Confederations Cup on Sunday evening (July 2).
The young team beat Chile 1-0 in the final, securing the trophy only two days after Germany beat Spain 1-0 to win the European under-21 championship.
Germany coach Joachim Loew left behind players such as goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, Jerome Boateng, Sami Khedira, Toni Kroos and Thomas Mueller yet his side still managed to beat the Asian, African, CONCACAF and South American champions on their way to lifting the title.
His team on Sunday had an average age of just over 24, compared to over 30 for Chile. Julian Draxler, who captained the side aged 23, was their most experienced player with 35 caps.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None