- Title: Chiuri gives sneak peak into Dior studios ahead of 70th anniversary show
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI SAYING: "What I really believe is you have to maintain the DNA (of the brand): quality, craftsmanship, elegance. But for the time, the moment, also in (John) Galliano that was so spectacular... but we are speaking about a specific moment where fashion was a show, not only a simple collection, and also with Raf (Simons) I think that fashion became just a little more intellectual, you can see that." VARIOUS OF SEAMSTRESSES AT WORK
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 12:15
- Keywords: Dior fashion 70th anniversary Maria Grazia Chiuri
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0036O5YD7D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Dior's creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri on Saturday (July 1) gave a sneak peak into the Paris fashion house's studios ahead of Haute Couture fashion week as the brand celebrates its 70th anniversary.
Chiuri, who was announced as the creative director of Dior in July 2016 after Raf Simons' departure, said she "went around Dior's archive" as Christian Dior "went around the world" to inspire her new collection.
The current Italian creative director and first woman to hold the role in the label's 70-year history is set to unveil Dior's highly-awaited Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Haute Couture collection on the catwalk on Monday (July 3).
Later on Monday, Paris's Decorative Arts Museum will hold a VIP opening for its latest exhibition, "Christian Dior: dream designer", bringing together the designs and cultural inspiration behind Dior's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None