- Title: Chiuri gives sneak peak into Dior studios ahead of 70th anniversary show
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 1, 2017) (REUTERS) SEAMSTRESSES AT WORK IN DIOR STUDIO MANNEQUINS ON SHELF VARIOUS OF SEAMSTER WORKING ON DRESS SEAMSTRESS IRONING PIECE VARIOUS OF PIECE IN PROGRESS WITH WHITE FEATHERS COVERED IN GOLD LEAF VARIOUS OF SEAMSTRESS AT WORK VARIOUS OF SKETCHES ON WALL VARIOUS OF DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR, MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI, SPEAKING TO REPORTER FROM VOGUE MAGAZINE DURING FITTING SESSION SHOES BY CHRISTIAN DIOR ON SHELF CHIURI SHOWING SEAMSTRESS ADJUSTMENTS TO BE MADE (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR, MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI, SAYING: "I decided that my reference is only Mr Dior because it is an homage to Mr Dior. In any case he was the founder and so I worked more in the first ten years (of the brand) and that's it. But in the future like I did for the first pret-a-porter, I really believe that my heritage, the heritage of the house is all the talented designers that worked here." SEAMSTRESS MAKING ADJUSTMENTS TO CLOAK DIOR STAFF DURING FITTING SESSION (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR, MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI, SAYING: "Dior is a big story, it's an unbelievable story. This exhibition for me was a very good opportunity to know more the story of the brand. The thing that immediately surprises me was when I went into the archive I discovered this book about Mr Dior, was that immediately this brand was world-wide and because immediately he went around the world with the collection and he would really like to know the women and the different women around the world." CLIPPING BOARD ON WALL SHOWING ELEMENTS RELATED TO CHRISTIAN DIOR SUCH AS MAPS, DESIGNS, DRAWINGS, MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPHS AND BOOK COVERS
- Embargoed: 17th July 2017 12:15
- Keywords: Dior fashion 70th anniversary Maria Grazia Chiuri
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0016O5YD7D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Dior's creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri on Saturday (July 1) gave a sneak peak into the Paris fashion house's studios ahead of Haute Couture fashion week as the brand celebrates its 70th anniversary.
Chiuri, who was announced as the creative director of Dior in July 2016 after Raf Simons' departure, said she "went around Dior's archive" as Christian Dior "went around the world" to inspire her new collection.
The current Italian creative director and first woman to hold the role in the label's 70-year history is set to unveil Dior's highly-awaited Autumn/Winter 2017-18 Haute Couture collection on the catwalk on Monday (July 3).
Later on Monday, Paris's Decorative Arts Museum will hold a VIP opening for its latest exhibition, "Christian Dior: dream designer", bringing together the designs and cultural inspiration behind Dior's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None