- Title: Protesters dance through Hamburg ahead of G20 summit
- Date: 5th July 2017
- Summary: PEOPLE WATCHING FROM WINDOW OF BROTHEL PROTESTERS WALKING
- Embargoed: 19th July 2017 20:10
- Keywords: G20 summit dance dancers dancing protest march
- Location: HM
- City: HM
- Country: Germany
- Topics: G20,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0046OFZXON
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Anti-G20 protesters danced through the streets of Hamburg on Wednesday (July 5) ahead of the summit of the twenty leading economies being held there on July 7-8.
Under the motto "Lieber tanz ich als G20", meaning "I prefer to dance than G20" in German, protesters walked and danced through the port city to express their opposition to the summit, seen by the protest groups as a summit centred around exploitation of people and global resources.
Police said around 7,500 people took part in the protest, while organisers put the figure at 18,000.
Protesters have expressed concerns that they will not be allowed to demonstrate on Thursday (July 6) and Friday (July 7), while German police already used water cannon to disperse around 500 anti-capitalist protesters overnight on Tuesday (July 4).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.