- Title: New warship "Admiral Essen" joins Russian Black Sea fleet
- Date: 5th July 2017
- Summary: SEVASTOPOL, CRIMEA (JULY 5, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN NAVY FRIGATE "ADMIRAL ESSEN" APPROACHING HARBOR PEOPLE IN HARBOR PREPARING TO MEET FRIGATE'S CREW VARIOUS OF MAN HOLDING ROASTED PIGLET ON PLATE AND WOMAN HOLDING BREAD VESSEL MOORING
- Embargoed: 19th July 2017 15:30
- Keywords: frigate "Admiral Essen" strikes Russian navy Syria warship missile naval vessels Crimea Islamic State Russia Black Sea fleet
- Location: SEVASTOPOL, CRIMEA
- City: SEVASTOPOL, CRIMEA
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016OFXL53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian navy frigate "Admiral Essen" arrived in the Crimean port city of Sevastopol on Wednesday (July 5) to join the Russian Black Sea fleet after it has completed combat mission near Syria's shores.
Russian defence ministry recently reported that its naval vessels have launched missile strikes on Islamic State targets in Syria's Hama province and near the city of Palmyra destroying command posts, weapon, ammunition depots and manpower.
The ministry said Kalibr cruise missiles were launched from frigates "Admiral Essen" and "Admiral Grigorovich" as well as "Krasnodar" submarine.
"Admiral Essen" will be staying in Sevastopol for some time and then return to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None