- Title: U.N. pledges support in resolving crisis in east Ukraine
- Date: 9th July 2017
- Summary: KIEV, UKRAINE (JULY 9, 2017) (REUTERS) U.N. SECRETARY GENERAL ANTONIO GUTERRES GETTING OUT OF CAR, SHAKING HANDS WITH UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT, PETRO POROSHENKO U.N. AND UKRAINIAN FLAGS
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2017 17:26
- Keywords: UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko Ukraine UN
- Location: KIEV, UKRAINE
- City: KIEV, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016OZVE4N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres said on Sunday (July 9) that Ukraine can expect the U.N.'s support in resolving the crisis in the country's east, as he came to Kiev on an official visit.
Speaking at a joint news conference with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko following their meeting, Guterres said the U.N. was following the situation in eastern Ukraine and would be "ready to support all efforts".
"You can be sure that this is something that we keep in the agenda, it is not a forgotten situation," said Guterres.
On Sunday Poroshenko also met with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Kiev.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None