- Title: U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson meets Ukrainian President
- Date: 9th July 2017
- Summary: KIEV, UKRAINE (JULY 9, 2017) (REUTERS) U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE REX TILLERSON GETTING OUT OF CAR, SHAKING HANDS WITH UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT PETRO POROSHENKO, POSING FOR PICTURES, WALKING INSIDE PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION BUILDING UKRAINIAN AND AMERICAN FLAGS, SIGN ON WALL READING (Ukrainian): 'PRESIDENT OF UKRAINE' CARS AND MEDIA IN FRONT OF ADMINISTRATION POROSHENKO AND TILLERSON SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PICTURES UKRAINIAN AND AMERICAN FLAGS POROSHENKO AND TILLERSON TAKING SEATS FOR MEETING
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2017 12:49
- Keywords: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
- Location: KIEV, UKRAINE
- City: KIEV, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016OZVDC7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Sunday (July 9) as he came to Kiev with an official visit.
Poroshenko said the visit by U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to Kiev was a powerful show of Washington's support.
He also welcomed the appointment of Kurt Volker as a Special Representative to the Minsk peace process, saying Volker's experience as a career diplomat would help bring about the full implementation of the Minsk agreements.
Poroshenko added that Volker, who accompanied Tillerson to Kiev, will stay in the Ukrainian capital for several days to speed up coordination between the U.S. and Ukraine.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None