- Title: Germany's unofficial gay capital Cologne hosts Christopher Street Day parade
- Date: 9th July 2017
- Summary: WOMAN IN FLAME COSTUME WALKING PAST TO APPLAUSE WOMAN IN COLOURFUL RED FLAME COSTUME SHOUTING "HELLO!" COLOGNE MAYOR HENRIETTE REKER (IN WHITE SHIRT AND COLOURFUL SCARF) WALKING PAST PEOPLE DANCING ON PASSING FLOAT, TRAM APPROACHING NEXT TO IT VARIOUS OF MEN IN SILVER TROUSERS ON MICRO SCOOTERS PASSING, CARRYING PINK BOXES MARKED "GAYDORA" IN REFERENCE TO A FOOD DELIVERY SERVICE COLOGNE CATHEDRAL SEEN BEHIND LEGS OF INFLATABLE DOLLS TWO MEN KISSING MAN IN HIGH HEELS DANCING BYSTANDERS WATCHING MAN WITH TAIL ON SHORTS WOMEN DANCING ON PASSING FLOAT
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2017 15:05
- Keywords: Christopher Street Day gay lesbian parade rainbow Cologne
- Location: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- City: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0026OZU1Y1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Several hundred thousand people, according to German police, attended Cologne's annual Christopher Street Day gay and lesbian pride parade on Sunday (July 9), wearing colourful and often outrageous costumes.
Some 30,000 participants on floats, on foot and even on micro scooters, crossed the city's Deutz bridge over the Rhine river, dancing to different types of music.
The speaker system of an escorting police car announced "newly weds Bea and Gabi," two women who tied the knot after Germany's parliament voted by a wide margin to legalise same-sex marriage on June 30.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.