- Title: Germany's unofficial gay capital Cologne hosts Christopher Street Day parade
- Date: 9th July 2017
- Summary: COLOGNE, GERMANY (JULY 9, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE CAR ESCORTING PARADE PARTICIPANTS OVER BRIDGE CROSSING RHINE RIVER, VOICE ON LOUDSPEAKER HEARD SAYING "NOW WE'RE DOING LA OLA! BEHIND ME IS NEWLY WED COUPLE, BEA AND GABI" FEMALE COUPLE ON MOTORBIKE, WOMAN IN FRONT WIPING AWAY TEAR ZURICH-REGISTERED BIKE WITH SWISS FLAG DRIVING OFF
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2017 15:05
- Keywords: Christopher Street Day gay lesbian parade rainbow Cologne
- Location: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- City: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0016OZU1Y1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Several hundred thousand people, according to German police, attended Cologne's annual Christopher Street Day gay and lesbian pride parade on Sunday (July 9), wearing colourful and often outrageous costumes.
Some 30,000 participants on floats, on foot and even on micro scooters, crossed the city's Deutz bridge over the Rhine river, dancing to different types of music.
The speaker system of an escorting police car announced "newly weds Bea and Gabi," two women who tied the knot after Germany's parliament voted by a wide margin to legalise same-sex marriage on June 30.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None