- Title: Next two days key to Paris 2024 bid, says Estanguet
- Date: 10th July 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS 2024 BID CO-CHAIRMAN, TONY ESTANGUET, SAYING: "There is an exceptional situation with those two cities, actually in the competition. On our side we've been very consistent over the last months that we bid only for 2024 because we have some technical constraints for our project. This is a project built for 2024 and we believe this is the best answer and also the best choice for the IOC to choose Paris for 2024 so we continue to push in this direction."
- Embargoed: 24th July 2017 12:28
- Keywords: PARIS 2024 OLYMPIC BIDDING TONY ESTANGUET ANNE HIDALGO
- Location: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0046P4WY0V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Paris will bring their secret weapon that is French President, Emmanuel Macron to help their bid to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
On Monday (July 10), Macron will lead a Paris delegation that meets International Olympic Committee President, Thomas Bach at the Olympic Museum.
Paris 2024 co-chairman, Tony Estanguet said Macron's presence was very important over two very important days for their bid.
On Tuesday (July 11), Paris along with Los Angeles will present their respective bids to the IOC members.
Also on Tuesday, the IOC is expected to ratify a proposal to announce the hosts of the 2024 and 2028 Games at the IOC Session in Peru in September.
The Paris bid says it is only bidding for 2024 while Los Angeles' bid has said it wouldn't rule anything out.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None