- Title: France's Macron to bolster Paris' Olympics bid in Lausanne
- Date: 10th July 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (RECENT - JUNE 24, 2017) (REUTERS) CYCLISTS IN FRONT OF THE ARC DE TRIOMPHE INCLUDING PARIS MAYOR ANNE HIDALGO (BLACK SHIRT), OLYMPIC CANOEIST TONY ESTANGUET (TO HER RIGHT), FRENCH RUGBY ADMINISTRATOR BERNARD LAPASSET (TO HER LEFT), AND PRESIDENT OF THE FRENCH OLYMPIC COMMITTEE DENIS MASSEGLIA (IN SUIT) CYCLISTS CYCLISTS GOING PAST ARC DE TRIOMPHE
- Embargoed: 24th July 2017 12:38
- Keywords: president Macron cycling kayaks Paris Seine Hidalgo Olympic France tennis day bid
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036P4WUVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron will participate in an International Olympic Committee meeting in Lausanne this week to bolster Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympic Games.
Macron was due to arrive later on Monday (July 10) and be part of Paris's 2024 presentation to IOC members on Tuesday (July 11) as the French capital goes up against a bid from Los Angeles.
Heads of state are usually present at the host city vote, which this year will take place in Lima in September to give their bid a final push, but Macron has opted to be present now.
Paris transformed itself into a giant Olympic park in June as part of the city's push to host the Games, with Macron boxing and playing tennis as part of the event.
The Olympics were previously staged in Paris in 1900 and 1924, and in Los Angeles in 1932 and 1984.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None