- Title: Kremlin: Putin and Trump made no promises on cyber group
- Date: 10th July 2017
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (RECENT) (REUTERS) PEOPLE WALKING ON STREET, KREMLIN IN BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 24th July 2017 15:15
- Keywords: lawyer NATO Donald Trump U.S. Kremlin spokesman election campaign Dmitry Peskov Vladimir Putin Russia Ukraine
- Location: UNKNOWN LOCATION AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: UNKNOWN LOCATION AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036P4VSXZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump made no promises to each other to form a joint group on cyber security, but they stated their readiness to work in this direction, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday (July 10).
The Kremlin also does not know the Russian lawyer who allegedly met Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., Trump's campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, last year, two weeks after Trump won the Republican nomination for the U.S. presidency, Peskov told a conference call with reporters.
The allegation that Trump's associates met with the Kremlin-linked lawyer after being promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton, was made in an article by the New York Times.
The Kremlin also said on Monday that Ukraine's potential membership of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) would not boost stability and security in Europe.
Ukraine and NATO will begin discussions on a roadmap to get Ukraine into NATO, with Kiev pledging to make the necessary reforms by 2020, President Petro Poroshenko said earlier on Monday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None