- Title: Paris' hopes high after Olympic 2024 presentation
- Date: 11th July 2017
- Summary: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND (JULY 11, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** PARIS MAYOR ANNE HIDALGO, FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON AND PARIS 2024 BID COMMITTEE CO-CHAIR TONY ESTANGUET ARRIVING TO MAKE A STATEMENT (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS 2024 BID COMMITTEE CO-CHAIR TONY ESTANGUET SAYING: "Thank you very much. It was fantastic. This presentation was a big day, a great moment for Paris 2024. We are so happy. It was a big emotion for me as the bid leader to be with this team. I'm so proud by the team, the presentation went very well. We had great visuals, we had great movies and a lot of emotions in the different speeches and yes we will continue to focus on the next steps because we are very strong and we believe it's the right moment for Paris 2024." (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS MAYOR ANNE HIDALGO SAYING: "Yes, it was an amazing moment for us and with a big and great emotion. I'm very happy because I think we are in the right time together with this team, wonderful team with our president of the French Republic with Tony (Estanguet), with all the member of the team and we are very proud, I'm very proud because our values, our bid are aligned with the values of the Olympism (Olympic Movement) and now next step but this step is good for us I think." (SOUNDBITE) (English) FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON SAYING: "Thanks very much. I think it was very important for us to have the opportunity to explain to the committee and the president our candidature, its philosophy, its implementation and our strong commitment and I wanted to be here to convey the full commitment of the entire French nation, the full commitment of the French authorities behind this project and to back this project because I think it's a very good one. I think these people work very well, they are ready now, ready to deliver and because I do believe that French people are ready, ready to welcome this Olympic Games, ready precisely to share the values of Olympism (the Olympic Movement) and ready to be now and for 2024 at the right level of what precisely this committee is expecting. So it was for us an important day, we did our best and I want to be here not just to back this candidature but to back as well the values of Olympisum and the values promoted by President Bach and his committee. Thank you." HIDALGO, MACRON AND ESTANGUET LEAVING MIXED ZONE
- Embargoed: 25th July 2017 12:31
- Location: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: France
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016P9WOCF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday (July 11) said the entire nation was behind Paris' bid to stage the 2024 Olympics.
In its bid to host the games, Paris is competing against Los Angeles, whose bid U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly backed.
Paris is widely seen as the frontrunner for the 2024 event with the International Olympic Committee due to vote on whether to ratify its executive board's recommendation to award on Sept. 13, both the 2024 Olympics and the 2028 Games at the same time.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None