- Title: Bayern sign Rodriguez on loan from Real Madrid
- Date: 11th July 2017
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - NOVEMBER 25, 2016) (REUTERS) REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER, JAMES RODRIGUEZ, ON TRAINING PITCH / CRISTIANO RONALDO DURING SESSION MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - DECEMBER 2, 2016) (REUTERS) RODGRIGUEZ TRAINING WITH TEAM MATES MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - NOVEMBER 25, 2016) (REUTERS) RODGRIGUEZ TRAINING WITH TEAM MATES MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - NOVEMBER 29, 2016) (REUTERS) RODRIGUEZ WALKING ON TRAINING PITCH RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (FILE - JUNE 27, 2014) (REUTERS) JAMES RODRIGUEZ (RIGHT) STRETCHING VARIOUS OF RODRIGUEZ MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - JULY 22, 2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RODRIGUEZ BEING UNVEILED AS A REAL MADRID PLAYER ON PITCH AT THE BERNABEU
- Embargoed: 25th July 2017 13:04
- Keywords: Bayern Munich James Rodriguez Real Madrid two-year loan deal transfer
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN AND RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
- City: MADRID, SPAIN AND RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
- Country: Various
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016P9WUNZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bayern Munich have signed midfielder James Rodriguez from Real Madrid on a two-year loan deal, the German champions said on Tuesday (July 11).
The 25-year-old Colombia international made 22 La Liga appearances for Real last season, scoring eight goals, and featured six times in the Champions League.
Rodriguez moved to Real Madrid from Monaco for a reported 60 million euros ($68.4 million) in 2014 after winning the Golden Boot as the leading scorer at the World Cup.
His ability to score spectacular goals made him an ideal addition to Real's "Galacticos" project, but he struggled to nail down a regular starting place at the Bernabeu.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None