- Title: Ending Syrian war requires international fight against terrorism, Ja'afari says
- Date: 11th July 2017
- Summary: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (JULY 11, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) SYRIAN GOVERNMENT DELEGATION LED BY CHIEF NEGOTIATOR, BASHAR AL-JA'AFARI, WALKING TOWARDS AND ENTERING THE MEETING ROOM SYRIAN GOVERNMENT DELEGATION LED BY JA'AFARI IN MEETING ROOM, AHEAD OF MEETING BILATERAL MEETING BETWEEN SYRIAN GOVERNMENT DELEGATION AND U.N. TEAM LED BY U.N. SPECIAL ENVOY FOR SYRIA, STAFFAN DE MISTURA / SYRIAN GOVERNMENT DELEGATION U.N. TEAM LED BY DE MISTURA
- Embargoed: 25th July 2017 13:14
- Keywords: Bashar al-Ja'afari Syria government De Mistura talks peace
- Location: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- City: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Topics: Government/Politics,United Nations
- Reuters ID: LVA0026P9WT3B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The seventh round of U.N.-sponsored indirect Syrian peace talks were continuing on Tuesday (July 11) in Geneva with the Syrian government delegation and experts led by diplomat Bashar al-Ja'afari meeting with their U.N. counterparts and special envoy Staffan de Mistura.
Ja'afari said the political-level talks discussed terrorism, one of the four issues of the Geneva peace process, along with the constitution, governance and elections.
Speaking on Monday, the first day of the five-day round of talks, de Mistura had expressed optimism for the ceasefire brokered between Russia and the United States for southwest Syria.
This new round is the seventh of a series of peace talks which have been held in Switzerland for the past two years, with all of the previous ones resulting in scant progress.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None